Thursday, February 2, 2017

Paid To Dream



The organization I have chosen from my unit one project is: Paid To Dream. In essence, the mission is to help students find their passion in life and develop a plan to pursue that interest. My friend, Marquis Harris, is the founder of the organization. Last October, he asked if I would videotape and take photos of his first mentoring session. I agreed. Interesting enough, while I had already found my passion in filmmaking, I soon became passionate about helping others find their passion. This is why I fully support the organization and hope it expands to more colleges across the state and country.

The above images were designed for the second mini project. I must admit, I like the generic nature of these assignments. It allows me to experiment with the software and see where my creativity takes me. I've used Photoshop for some time, but never had the initiative to try out different things. As Prof. Murray mentioned, it's always fascinating to start a project with no clue how it will turn out. It's also interesting to reflect back on a completed image and wonder how it came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment