Thursday, April 27, 2017

Draft


This is a draft of one of my four images. As mentioned in my earlier blog, I wanted to bring attention to police brutality, as well as pay tribute to the victims in recent high-profile cases. The man in the above image is Alton Sterling, who was killed by the police in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. In these cases, a lot of information is twisted and misconstrued to support one side or the other. However, one of the few undisputed facts is that Alton typically sold CDs outside of the convenient store. There are other cases in which the victim carried something trivial and unthreatening, such as cigarettes or a toy gun. Therefore, my goal with the project is to photograph these items and overlay an image of the victim. These trivial items, along with blood, shows excessive force on individuals who were unarmed. Further, I want to make clear that each of these cases were unjustly resolved, as the people responsible walked free. I think this could be portrayed through a stock image of unbalanced justice scales, which I will embed in the background, creating a third layer to the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment